Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
LO 1: Analyse theories of leadership and people management
LO 2: Assess ways of improving motivation and performance
LO 3: Analyse human behaviour in an organisational setting
LO 4: Analyse the development and effectiveness of teams
You are a professional blogger working for Leadership and Management Magazine. You have been tasked to write several blog entries.
Task 1 - Blog post
Your fist blog post should be titled "Leadership" and contain the following:
• With reference to 2 or more business leaders (past or present), examine the Knowledge, Skills and Attributes (KSA) of a leader, classifying them between management and leadership.
• Provide 3 real-life examples of different type of leadership styles that were used in different situations (successful or not) and reflect on whether a different leadership style would have been more appropriate.
Task 2: Your next blog post should be titled "Motivation" and contain the following:
• Describe the reward systems in place in 2 organisations of your choice and compare them with the motivational theories of Maslow, McClelland and Vroom
• Explain how these 2 organisation measure engagement and motivation and reflect on whether the reward systems are effective
• Suggests ways to motivate staff
Task 3: Your next blog post should be titled "Teamwork". With reference to one or more of your experience working in a team and reference to theory:
• Consider the benefits of team working
• Explain what working in a team meant for you and the others in the team
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the team
Task 4 : Instructions
With reference to an organisation of your choice (either using your own experience of the experience of someone you know):
• Describe the process of performance appraisal of the organisation
• Evaluate its usefulness and its success
• Consider the factors involved in planning a performance management system and propose a new appraisal process (including forms)