PROJ6002 Description of Estimation Methods, and Tools and Techniques for managing Schedule/Budget
Devise project schedule and cost management plans that articulate the schedule and cost approaches for a project using the assigned project case study provided by your Learning Facilitator. Please refer to the for details on how to complete this task.
The backbone of a project manager’s work is the Project Management Plan. This plan is the document that describes how the project will be executed, monitored and controlled. It integrates and consolidates all of the subsidiary plans and baselines from the planning processes. In this assessment, you will create subsidiary cost and schedule components of a Project Management Plan for your assigned Case Study.
Project Schedule Management includes all the processes of planning, estimating, sequencing, managing, and controlling the schedule for a timely completion of the project. Cost Management includes the processes of planning, estimating, budgeting, financing, funding, managing and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget.
- Study the assigned Case Study provided on Blackboard by your Learning Facilitator.
- Analyse the project from your own perspective as an up-and-coming project manager
- Devise your own, individual set of subsidiary Project Management plans for Schedule and Cost based on the assigned Case Study.
a. Although all students will receive the same case study, you are expected to complete this task individually.
b. These project schedule and cost management plans and supporting documentation must contain, but are not limited to, the following components:
Write and describe the processes, tools and techniques applied in your schedule and cost management plans, as well as a justification of your budget and schedule.
You can use the templates in this subject’s Learning Resources or create your own templates to devise the subsidiary cost and schedule project management plans.
Submit a schedule and a network diagram using the critical path method (CPM). Scheduling software such as ProjectLibre or Microsoft Project can be used to design your schedule. Alternatively, you can hand-draw and scan your network diagram.
- Description of Estimation Methods, and Tools and Techniques for managing Schedule/Budget
- Overview of Schedule and Budget Methodology
- Network Diagram using the Critical Path Method
- Project Schedule
- Cost Baseline
- Project Budget, including detailed estimates and cost control methods.