Using examples from your research or volunteering/work experience, create a reflective portfolio on leadership and teamwork in the public, private or voluntary sector.
The portfolio should include a 2500-word discussion with
1. A critical discussion of leadership theories and what they seek to explain.
2. A summary of a journal article on leadership and conflict in an organization.
3. A critical reflection ondifferent styles of leadership from your work or volunteering experience.
Throughout, you should use literature to underpin your discussion of the theories, and you should give evidence to support the examples that you select. Also, include images of relevant material to make a strong case.
Learning outcome 1: Review, evaluate and develop one`s own leadership and team skills to work towards leading and developing others
Learning outcome 2: Critically analyse the challenges and issues of leadership in community settings
Learning outcome 3: Critically analyse structural and cultural elements of organisations and their purpose
Learning outcome 4: Critically evaluate theories, approaches and strategies for optimising employee engagement and commitment for the benefit of ethical learning organisations
Your work will be assessed against the assessment criteria which have been provided at the end of this brief.
• Understanding of the task
• Fulfilment of all aspects of the assessment task
• Critical analysis
• Use and application of theory
• Coherence, structure & presentation
• Breadth and quality of gathered evidence and research
• Referencing and reference list
These criteria have been designed specifically for this assignment and are intended to measure the extent to which you have demonstrated your achievement of its associated learning outcomes (see above). They have been aligned with the institutional grade descriptor appropriate for your level.
The assessment criteria provide a basis for fair and consistent marking and indicate what is expected of you in this assignment. It is strongly recommended that you engage with them while you are working on the assignment and use them in combination with any feedback you receive once your work has been marked to help you plan for future learning and development.