D/650/3383 Cyber Security, OTHM LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
Aim: In this unit, learners will learn the fundamentals of cyber security, including its historical development, laws and regulations, risk management and the impact it has on individuals and organisations. Learners will also gain knowledge and understanding about cyber security protection methods and how to manage a cyber security attack.
Learning Outcome 1: Understand the fundamentals of cyber security.
Learning Outcome 2: Understand cyber security protection methods.
Learning Outcome 3: Understand how to manage a cyber security attack.
Unit Title Cyber Security
You are attending an interview for a Cyber Security Trainee position. If successful, your probationary period will last for six months, and there will be an opportunity for permanent employment at the end of the term. There is a significant competition for the position, and you are determined to succeed in this process.
During the recruitment and selection process, you are invited to prepare a presentation to show your understanding of the fundamentals of cyber security.
You are required to prepare a presentation about the fundamentals of cyber security.
Your presentation needs to be content-driven, interactive, engaging and must cover the following:
• Define the term ‘cyber security`.
• Summarise the historical development of cyber security.
• Explain the impact cyber security has on individuals and organisations.
• Describe the laws and regulations associated with cyber security
• Explain how cyber security risks are managed in an organisation.
• Explain how to keep up to date with the latest cyber security information.
This task requires you to write a report to show your understanding about cyber security protection methods and conduct an investigation about cyber security management in a corporate organisation.
In your report, you will be required to follow prescribed procedures to evaluate risk levels and the potential impact of threats and vulnerabilities on an organisation you are familiar with.
Assignment Brief and Guidance
You are required to write a report about cyber security protection methods.
Your report must:
• Describe network security protection methods.
• Evaluate the impact of penetration and vulnerability testing has to an organisation.
• Describe end user device protection methods.
• Describe the importance of implementing and reviewing access controls in an organisation.
• Explain how end users can be educated and aware of cyber security.
For this section, you will need to investigate and produce a report on cyber security management in corporate organisations.
You can choose an organisation you are familiar with to base your investigation on.
Your report must:
• Evaluate the impact a cyber-attack has to the organisation.
• Describe the content of an organisational incident management plan.
• Explain the importance of internal and external communication when managing a cyber-attack.
• Describe the roles and responsibilities for incident management.
• Analyse the actions to take when responding to an incident.
• Explain the importance of post cyber-attack reviews.