Learning outcome 1: Perform efficiently and effectively as a collaborative member of a working group and as an added value contributor to the organisation assigned to the students.
Learning outcome 2: Develop and demonstrate effective business communication skills.
The purpose of this assignment is to;
• Evaluate your learning and skills development across the project
• Reflect on skills gaps and how they might be addressed
• Demonstrate your employability and readiness to apply for graduate level jobs, as you progress to Level 6.
Having worked as part of the team solving your client`s business problem, this task requires you to reflect on the process and evaluate your learning and your skills development. For example,
• Which skills have you developed and/or enhanced as a result of the project?
• What do you know now that you didn`t know at the start of the process?
• To what extent has your level of confidence improved?
• How could you use your learning in your future career?
Your critical evaluation should be supported with examples.
Taking into account your evaluation in task one, this task requires you to identify THREE skills gaps or areas where you consider that further development would be useful, for you to be successful in your business career. Propose a plan of action for filling these gaps/developing these areas.
For this task you will need to be registered on mybuckscareer, if you have not already done so.
Use ‘My Jobs` on the top menu bar, and then ‘Job Search Engine` to identify a specific job that you would like to apply for (This could be a graduate scheme, an internship, a placement or a graduate job).
Alternatively, identify a graduate scheme, an internship, a placement or a graduate job that you have seen advertised, or published on a website.
Whether using the ‘Job Search Engine` or another source, please select a job where there is a reasonable level of information on the company`s requirements, such as a person specification or job description. Then,
In the Appendices to your report;
• Place a screenshot or print out of the job you are applying for, including the job description/person specification
• Create a CV which is specifically tailored to the job requirements and description. For this element of the assignment, please either use the CV Builder on mybuckscareer (accessed through CVs Job Applications, then ‘Writing your CV), or a format of your choice which includes similar information.
In the body of the report, create a simple table which;
• shows the key skills/qualities that the organisation is looking for (Column A - use extracts or summaries of the job description or person specification to help) and
• maps against each requirement the wording from your CV which addresses these requirements (Column B)
This table will not be included in the word count.
Create or update your LinkedIn profile to ensure it is fully reflects your current situation. (Use the section ‘Social Media` on mybuckscareer to help you)
Place a screenshot of your profile in the Appendices. Your profile should include the following;
photo, headline and summary, education, skills (at least 4), groups (at least 2) and companies (at least 2.)