Portfolio Part A: An academic Essay comparing traditional and contemporary approaches of management
- Write an academic essay based on the content covered in weeks 1 to 6 by comparing traditional (classical) and contemporary approaches of management - as discussed in the Competing Values Framework (CVF)
Learning Outcome 1: Identify major developments in the history of managerial thought
Learning Outcome 2: Understand the impact between classical and contemporary approaches to management
In Part A of the portfolio, your academic essay should:
Compare classical and contemporary approaches of management as discussed in the Competing Values Framework (CVF) by clearly showing the knowledge you gained in the lectures/seminars and by including the literature recommended
- Presents an understanding of the historical development of management theory by using the Competing Values Framework.
- Discusses management theories and compares approaches.
- Presents work clearly and accurately by following the recommended structure, uses third person to refer to information from literature and references sources correctly by using the Harvard Referencing System).
Portfolio Part B
Individual Paper based on group project
- Write an individual paper based on the content (weeks 8 to 12) and experiences (group presentation and own behaviours) by using teamwork and motivational theories and the Competing Values Framework.
- Recommended word count: 1,000 words
Learning outcome (LO):
LO3: Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of teams and motivational theories reflect on own management and employability skills
LO4: Demonstrate understanding of the key skills required in becoming a manager
Part B of the portfolio is based on a group presentation (formative assessment), which you carried out during the semester. Should you have not taken part in this you can use any experience from a group presentation to reflect on.
1. By looking back at the experience of the group presentation, write a reflection on your group work using teamwork and motivational theories.
2. Based on the information you gathered about your own actions in this process: How would you describe yourself using the CVF`s Action Imperatives discussed in Week 9?
- Explains in depths how content and process theories can be used to improve motivation and productivity in a team.
- Describes very relevant and theoretically sound techniques to improve teamwork by using the literature used in class.
- Application of the CVF, referring to own actions and behaviours in a very reflective manner.
- Structure, referencing, research.